Sunday 1 May 2011

Dolen í vad ô nín

These are the times when everything changes.
I’m not talking about the big worldwide changes here (which are obviously occurring as well), but rather the changes in my own life. It’s all on a much smaller scale, but monumentally important to me.
I’m twenty-four going on twenty-five. My time as a student is almost over. I’m in a relationship. It’s time to think about the future.
That’s where the problem lies – the future. I don’t yet know how it’s going to shape up, and I’m not sure how to feel about that. One the one hand, a little uncertainty is very welcome. I like going with the flow and seeing where I’ll end up. On the other hand, I’m almost twenty-five. I’m starting to feel like I need to settle down. Only, I don’t know what I want to settle into.
I’ve always wanted to move to the UK. My studies are almost over, handing me the perfect time to fulfil my dream. Of course, a dream is only a dream when it hasn’t been realised. Once you’ve achieved what you wanted, it’s time to find another dream.
That’s not the biggest problem though. The biggest problem is figuring out what I want to do with my life. I’ve been studying to become a social worker, but there are so many other things I’d like to do. Most of these aren’t profitable and won’t come to fruition anytime soon, but I want to make sure they can (when the time is right).
I’ve been thinking about this a lot lately, and my grand conclusion is that I don’t know. I don’t know what I want to do, where I want to live or where my life is going. I’ll keep thinking about it but in the meantime, I’ll go with the flow. It hasn’t steered me horribly wrong yet and, if I can hold out long enough, my path might just become visible.

No comments:

Post a Comment